Friday, June 08, 2012

Fuschia or Peach?


One of the things I love about my business is that – when it comes to fabrics and clothing – I’m really am able to live my philosophy.

So many times, I’d like to buy ‘Made in the U.S.’ to keep people employed here but if you’ve every tried it, it’s more difficult that it sounds! First thing you have to do it get rid of your beloved iphone…and that’s not going to happen.

But when it comes to fabric, I really can put my money where my heart is. So now my wedding is a week away – and I have a dilemma…but kind of  a luxurious one. I am wearing fuchsia (tradional colors for an Indian bride are red or pink) and my flower girls are wearing a mix of a lighter shade of fuschia and peach.

Before I was even really sure about the color palette, I designed and order some handloom cotton silk with woven sequins – in two colors: Fuchsia and Peach. Its from the same village where a lot of Indigo Handloom products are made - so I can have my 'people' representing at the wedding. Can't fit the entire village into my cousin's backyard, afterall. 

 I figured I’d use one of them to drape my ‘mandap,’ which is a gazebo-type structure you get married under. The other one, I’d turn into scarves.

Now I can’t make up my mind!  Quick! Help me pick a color!

4 comments:

Saucy Suzy said...

Tough one! The fuscia is so beautifully bold, like u!'

Anonymous said...

Drape the lighter color which will provide a filtered light around the bride and groom...is the mandap like a huppah? I am thinking yes.
Then the fuschia for scarves because that color looks great on so many different women.
So excited to find your place here on the web!
xo Love, Suzi

Anonymous said...

Forgive me if this is a repeat. I can't tell if my comment registered.
Here is what I said,
I vote for the lighter color to be on the mandap...which I am imagining to be like a huppah? It will filter the sunlight so beautifully.
And the fuschia will make a great scarf for so many different complected women.
So happy to find your place here on the web.
Tons of love for this week!
Suzi

Unknown said...

Awesome dilema! I would recommend not to overshadow your dress by putting the fuschia fabric over the mandap. The peach will go nicely with the flower girls dresses as well. You're the bride; you should stand out!

p.s. best of luck on your wedding day! also, just bought a beautiful powder blue "wedding" scarf :)